Environmental Spend Per Employee Exceeds National Average
Nov ‘11 – Jacqueline Ramsay (Director, FMCL) announced that the company in its business year FY10/11 spend approximately £1,560 / employee on environmental protection measures to help reduce its environmental footprint.
This exceeds the National Average spend by companies per employee according to its 2010 Defra Survey results (www.defra.gov.uk/statistics/environment/environmental-survey/survey-results ), which indicates that an average of £1,096 / employee within those companies which responded to the survey.
The Director further announced that the company had a goal of continuing to exceed that the National Average spend for the next four years, stating that Fiscal Metering Consultants Ltd is committed to ensuring the highest standards of Health, Safety & Environment (HS&E), and that as part of its Environmental Policy the company was committed to ensuring that it
- Operates the business in a manner that is sensitive to the needs and concerns of the surrounding environment.
- To use where practical the latest technology to develop sound environmentally conscious means of providing our services.
- To integrate environmental issues into our decision making, whilst recognising that business concerns might affect the course of action.
- Where practical to reduce or eliminate pollution.
- To continually look for ways to improve our business and reduce our environmental impact.
- All employees should be personally involved in energy conservation and in the prevention of pollution.
- Each individual has a legal obligation to take care for his or her own health and safety, and for the safety of other people who may be affected by his or her acts or omissions.
- Provide training in the use of environmentally conscious practices, recognising that no matter what employees roles are, they are also responsible for protecting the environment.
- To ensure compliance with relevant environmental legislation and other requirements related to our operations.
- To set and achieve our environmental objectives.
The Director emphasised that within its corporate values ( SPECIAL), it was imperative that the company was a good neighbour and citizen in the community, and that the company was operating an environmental management system in accordance with ISO14001, to ensure that it continued to meet this key corporate value.